Monday 18 April 2011

Blackcap warbler

On Sunday there were 6 little ringed plovers seen in front of the Tern hide as well as a wheatear and 10+ common terns around Ibsley water.

On the way round opening the hides this morning I saw the mute swan sitting on her nest right in front of Ivy north hide.



The green dock beetles are eating their way through the dock leaves at a surprising rate!



And I am just fascinated by the slowly unrolling ferns dotted about in the woodland, so I had to take a photo..



or two!



I tried testing my new knowledge acquired from Bob to listen for the difference between garden warbler and blackcap whilst unlocking the hides this morning only to find them both singing in the same tree by the path on the way to Ivy south hide! This is the best shot I could get of the male blackcap.

No comments:

Post a Comment