Sunday 9 May 2010

Cuckoo, Roe Deer and Great Tits!


Once again our post box is home to a brood of Great Tits. As I pulled up to the front gate this morning I noticed a Great Tit dart down by the post box on the front gate, its beak stuffed full of food. After opening up the centre I went back to see and sure enough the Great Tits are busy coming and going with food, sneaking through a hole in the back of the post box.

Another supprise was instore when I went to open up the Ivy North Hide and I was treated to stunning views of two Roe Deer feeding by the side of Ivy Lake. Ofcourse I had forgotten the camera, so I took the gamble and raced back to get it. Luckily they were quite settled and were still there grazing when I returned.



As I carried on to open up the Woodland hide, I heard a Cuckoo calling close by the the woodlands. The Mute Swan family are still on the silt pond between the Woodland hide and Ivy South hide. They were out on the water first thing with the 3 remaining cygnets, one of which was hitching a ride on mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment