Sunday 30 May 2010

Badger Badger Badger

After reading Bob's entry to the blog I decided to tune in to badgercam to watch for some badger action! I was a little bit later and didn't tune in until 21:20 when the camera had gone to black and white. But sure enough after less than a minute I spotted a badger! It was backing out of the sett through the nettles, dragging soil/bedding out with it. The badger kept this activity up for about 5 minutes, disappearing for a while before re emerging bottom first. It then ran down the track towards the camera and into the nettles. The badger was then joined by 2 other badgers and they snuffled around in the mud. Sadly it got too dark to watch any further. I think I'm hooked now - will definitely be tuning in tomorrow evening! mms://wms.carnyxlive.co.uk/blashford

No comments:

Post a Comment